Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) Resources
On November 15, 2021, President Biden signed into law the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA). This bipartisan legislation invests $1.2 Trillion into transportation, utility, environmental, and broadband projects, in addition to other areas of infrastructure. Out of this pool of funds, Connecticut is expected to receive about $6 Billion dollars over five years. Municipalities will play a critical role in utilizing the funds to develop and implement projects.
Building a Better America funding has been broken down into the following program areas:
– Roads, bridges, and major projects
– Passenger and freight rail
– Public transportation
– Airports and Federal Aviation Administration facilities
– Ports and waterways
– Electric vehicles, buses, and ferries
Climate, Energy, and the Environment
– Clean energy and power
– Environmental remediation
– Regional commission programs
– Department of Commerce, Agriculture, and Energy programs
– Departments of Health and Human Services and Interior programs
– Department of Transportation programs
– Environmental Protection Agency programs
– Solid waste management and recycling
Over the months of February and March 2022, Biden-Harris Administration officials hosted a series of webinars we called “Infrastructure School” to show how to use the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Guidebook and provide a deeper look at important information and upcoming milestones for each of the major areas of investment in the law.
This webpage will continue to be updated as more information and resources become available.